We are now living in Ucluelet, a small fishing, logging and surf town on Canada’s westernmost coast and I’ve been enjoying waking up to an ocean view, watching the surf roll in and seeing how the sky changes from blue grey, to silvery grey to white and then when you’ve finally given up on there being any sunshine today, the sun breaks through the clouds and we’re treated to a bit of late summer golden light…
What I am trying to do, besides work all day – it’s amazing how you can be stuck on a computer even in the most truly beautiful place in the world – is decorate and organize our living space. We’ve owned this oceanfront home and rented it out in the summers as a vacation rental for the past two years but now that we are living here, I really feel like we can infuse it with a bit more of our personalities…
This is where it is currently.
It’s not difficult to find inspiration here… from the rock strewn cliffs and gulleys, the deep green of the rainforest and the patterned sand beaches and my goal is to bring more of the organic elements into our home.
Here’s what I’ve been doing these past few days.
1. Filling vases with white sun-bleached shells from the beaches here… I love the contrast of the organic shapes against the sleek,straight edged-glass.
2. Picking sisal from the wood trails all around and filling galvanized steel flower buckets with mounds of this hardy green.
3. Looking for a pendant light for above our vintage danish dining table…
here’s some I’ve been lusting after
and lastly for something a little more elegant:
4. Creating an ocean altar and a yoga space: this will take some time I think.
5. Finding some natural wool throws to get cosy by the fireplace for the upcoming fall days…
Here are some I love:
I’ll keep playing and exploring… but for now, it’s back to the “real work.” Namaste, thanks for reading.